Web design is part of an internet marketing strategy. Content and website traffic is very important but web design is also important. Simply having a beautiful website but no content or visitors, it’s of no use.
A website must be appealing, pleasing and eye grabbing. That will increase user experience and sales conversions. Easy navigation will help the viewers to find quicker what they need by making it user-friendly.
Website design is a difficult procedure. It’s best to handled by professionals. If your are not a web designer, don’t spend time with design and programing languages. I did that mistake also. It is of course important to learn a few basic HTML codes.
Buy a Website Templates/Themes
Get a professional looking website, by researching and finding a template that suits your needs. Buy a professional template. First check the style your competitors website. Then make a long research and read reviews for each template. Make sure its compatible with the latest versions of the platform.
Website templates are cheap, look good and anyone can install them. Before you install them, make a files and database backup.
Web Design Tips
- With so much online competition, you should aim to make a difference.
- Web design must stylishly convey a clear message.
- Simplify web design to avoid viewers confusion.
- Don’t load website with functionalities not needed to avoid visitor distraction and slow page loading time. Use Pingdom Tools and GTmetrix to test loading time.
- Setup design elements with your addressing your customers needs.
- Test your website pages with several browsers, screen sizes and devices. Mobile experience is very important. At least 30% of sales happen through mobiles.
- Don’t use page backgrounds and unnecessary visual elements. Keep it simple and readable.
- Test all website links.
- Check occasionally Google Search Console for improvements recommendations
- Improve SEO (search engine optimization).
- Make files & database backups after making big changes.
- Maintain design similarity in all webpages.
- Simplify menu.
- Don’t go cheap on the logo. It represents how professional you are. You will anyhow use it everywhere (social networks, business card, Invoices)
- Use proper Title tag per webpage for browser title and bookmarking.
- Make sure all links work. Use online broken links detector tools to do that.
- H1, H2, H3 headings are important design elements. Style them in the rights size and color. Search engines do also read them.
- At the end, focus on usability and user experience.
Web Designer Capabilities
- Being aware of all new technologies
- Web pages layout with programming languages such as HTML, XHTML, XML
- Expertise in Photoshop
- Converting customer’s needs and into a web page
- Web development team competent participation
- Web standards
- Navigation elements design
- Search Engine Optimization experience
- Understanding of color theory, typography and graphics
- Usability testing
- Analyze target market and customers competitors
- Cross browser issues and how to amend
If you are a website owner, buy a professional template with guaranteed support. If you have more needs, then hire someone. If you can’t find one, then take a look in online services like Upwork or similar. No matter what, use high quality images and content in your website and get website traffic website traffic. You cannot do everything in short time. Get people with experience with their website to help you. people. Research competition, make a plan and improve your online business in small steps.